So far we have had a great response from our Corporate clients and we are delighted that the following companies have come on board:
Smart Training & Recruitment
If you would like to help sponsor our Charity Parachute jump please contact Kelly Hillman on 01202 554415 or email email@example.com
Charity parachute jump in aid of CLIC Sargent will take place on Sunday 17th April 2011
The word is starting to spread about our plans for this year
Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry……
CLIC Sargent website…..
Try this fantastic recipe which doesnt take a long time to make…and even less time to eat! One of my personal favourites!
- For the base
For the filling
- Line the base of a 23cm/9in loose-bottomed cake tin with baking parchment.
- For the base, mix the crushed biscuits with the sugar and melted butter and press into the base of the lined cake tin. Transfer to the fridge to firm up while you make the filling.
- For the filling, strain the apricots over a measuring jug, reserving both the apricots and the juice. You need to collect 275ml/½ pint of apricot juice in the measuring jug (top up the jug with cold water if necessary).
- Prepare the orange jelly according to packet instructions, but use the reserved apricot juice instead of water. Set aside to cool, then chill in the fridge until set.
- When the jelly has set, tip half of the reserved drained apricots into a food processor with the curd cheese, cream cheese and sugar and blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Break up the set jelly with a fork then stir this into the curd cheese mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream then pour the mixture onto the cheesecake base, levelling it off with a palette knife. Chill in the fridge for two hours, or until set.
- Arrange the remaining canned apricots on top of the cheesecake. Melt the apricot jam in a pan over a low heat and brush it over the apricots, then sprinkle over the toasted almonds. Chill in the fridge for another half an hour, or until set, then serve & enjoy!
From the Hairy Bakers Cookbook.
Sunday 17th April 2011 will see a group of staff from The Queens Hotel and Spa jump from 15,000 feet in a tandem parachute to raise money and awareness for CLIC Sargent and also we have two members of staff raising money for Help the Heroes.
The organiser of this exciting fundraising event is our very own Deputy Manager Andrew Stoddart, who came up with this crazy idea after being challenged by the PWRR Parachute Team “The Tigers” to do a jump during last Summers Air Festival which took place in Bournemouth.
After accepting the challenge, he was joined by other members of staff who were all keen to help raise money for Charity.
We will be keeping you updated along the way on how the fundraising is going and for those of you who wish to donate we have set up a justgiving.com page for both CLIC Sargent and Help for Heroes to make it even easier to show your support!
www.justgiving.com/richard-brown11- CLIC Sargent (Dedicated Childrens Cancer Charity)
www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Stoddart – Help for Heroes (Dedicated Charity for injured Service Men and Women)
The Queens Hotel and Spa jump for charity - Short news video regarding the jump
Photo and Video by Seeker Photography.