Fancy a delicious Apricot Cheesecake?
Try this fantastic recipe which doesnt take a long time to make…and even less time to eat! One of my personal favourites!
- For the base
For the filling
- Line the base of a 23cm/9in loose-bottomed cake tin with baking parchment.
- For the base, mix the crushed biscuits with the sugar and melted butter and press into the base of the lined cake tin. Transfer to the fridge to firm up while you make the filling.
- For the filling, strain the apricots over a measuring jug, reserving both the apricots and the juice. You need to collect 275ml/½ pint of apricot juice in the measuring jug (top up the jug with cold water if necessary).
- Prepare the orange jelly according to packet instructions, but use the reserved apricot juice instead of water. Set aside to cool, then chill in the fridge until set.
- When the jelly has set, tip half of the reserved drained apricots into a food processor with the curd cheese, cream cheese and sugar and blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Break up the set jelly with a fork then stir this into the curd cheese mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream then pour the mixture onto the cheesecake base, levelling it off with a palette knife. Chill in the fridge for two hours, or until set.
- Arrange the remaining canned apricots on top of the cheesecake. Melt the apricot jam in a pan over a low heat and brush it over the apricots, then sprinkle over the toasted almonds. Chill in the fridge for another half an hour, or until set, then serve & enjoy!
From the Hairy Bakers Cookbook.